Diazepam: Overcoming anxiety with the best anti-anxiety medication
Diazepam, marketed by the brand name Valium is a benzodiazepine category of medicine, used in the short-term treatment of anxiety, epilepsy, and alcohol withdrawal, and muscle spasm. Like most other benzodiazepine drugs, Diazepam works by enhancing the activity of a chemical messenger in our brain called GABA – Gamma Amino Butyric Acid. The work of GABA is to suppress the excessive and abnormal activities of the nerve cells, which is thought to be the main reason behind anxiety, depression, and panic attacks.
Some valuable advice on Diazepam use
These are expert advice that should be followed to ensure that Valium for sale is safe for you and you benefit out the maximum from the drug use.
- Diazepam is only meant for short-term treatment (not more than 4 weeks at a stretch) of anxiety and panic attacks.
- The use of Diazepam may cause dizziness and drowsiness. You should avoid things like driving and working over heavy machinery or involving in any hazardous activities while on the drug or any activity that required mental focus. Wait till the time you are clear of how the medications affect you.
- You should not use Diazepam along with alcohol. It could be dangerous and you could feel severely dizzy and drowsy. You may face breathing problems, heart problems, and feel too much sleep. It may even lead to death in certain cases.
- Diazepam has high potentials for addiction and habit-forming. You should never take more than the dose prescribed to you by your doctor.
- Seek your doctor’s advice on the use of the medicine, if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. You may be advised of some other medication for your symptoms.
- It is not advisable to feed when on Diazepam. The drug may pass on to the mother’s milk and affect the nursing infant.
- Do not stop taking the medicine all of a sudden. You may face withdrawal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, anxiety, agitations, sweating tremors, and confusion. Speak to your doctor, if you feel that you do not need the support of the medicine anymore. Your doctor with work out a withdrawal plan of the drug by tapering the doses gradually over some time.
- If you take Valium in higher doses or for longer than recommended, you may get addicted to the drug. People with a history of drug or alcohol abuse are more likely to get addicted to drug use. To be on the safer side, take the drug in lower doses and for the shortest period possible.
- Feeling drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, and muscle weakness are some of the common side effects of Diazepam use.
- The use of other medicines along with Diazepam 10mg for sale could result in dangerous side effects including breathing problems, a drop in blood pressure, and even can stop your heart leading to death. It is advisable to discuss all other medications with the doctor, including over-the-counter drugs, herbal supplements, and vitamins. The use of opioid and narcotic medications could be highly dangerous along with Diazepam.