Purpose of Lortab 10 Mg-325 Mg
This medicine is the combination of an opioid (narcotic) pain reliever (Hydrocodone) and a non- opioid pain reliever (Acetaminophen). Lortab is used to relieve moderate to severe pain. If we look into the component-wise, Hydrocodone induces the brain to respond to how your body feels and helps reducing pain while Acetaminophen works on fever.
Common Uses of Lortab 10 Mg-325 Mg Tablet
This drug is used to treat several problems like
- Pain in the lower back
- Back pain
- Muscle pain
Things to Keep in Mind if you take Lortab 10 Mg-325 Mg Tablet
- You need to take this medicine as per doctor’s prescription and can take this drug with or without food.
- While you take medicine, take care of the measurement as per the prescribed dose.
- If you are taking any other medicines, check with your doctor or pharmacist if this medicine is safe to be combined with other medication.
- Consult your doctor if the medication is not working well for you, be it be a pain is not getting better or worse.
- Component of the medicine, Hydrocodone can make you an addict to this drug; to minimize the risk of addiction, take the medication as prescribed.
- Alcohol or marijuana (cannabis) would make you dizzier. Avoid alcoholic content while taking this medicine and doing things that need alertness.
Side Effects of the Medicine Lortab 10 Mg-325 Mg Tablet
- As you take this drug, you may face some unexpected effects, while few can be completely normal, and others need to be taken seriously.
- You can experience drowsiness, nausea, or constipation. If this condition still prevails after you have been taking medicine for a good period of time, you need to see a doctor.
- There can be some overwhelming side effects that include fainting, seizure, slow/shallow breathing, severe drowsiness, difficulty in urinating, and waking up. This needs attention from your doctor on an immediate basis.
- Though it’s rare that you get any serious allergic reaction to this drug, however, get medical help right away if you notice a rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat).
- If you see signs such as frequent changes in mood (Example: agitation, confusion, hallucinations), stomach/abdominal pain, adrenal glands not functioning properly (such as loss of appetite, unusual tiredness, weight loss), Go see your doctor right away.
What need to be done if you need immediate assistance:
There are some self-help techniques in case you are experiencing problems when you take this drug:
- If you feel nausea, taking medicine with food can help, or you can lie down for 1 to 2 hours and make sure you move ahead to a little extent as much as possible.
- You can limit the use of liquids containing sugar and alcohol. This can be followed if you have diabetes or any liver-related disease.
What you need to do if you missed a dose:
If this medicine is added up in your regular routine and you missed it, you can have it as soon as you remember. If the time of the next dosage is near to the time you remember the missed dose, just skip the missed one and take your next tablet at the scheduled time. Doubling the medicine to catchup up may harm you.
Guidelines to Store the Medicine:
This drug needs to be stored at room temperature and keep it away from light and moisture. As different brands of this medication may have their specifications for storage, do check the instructions leaf for a safer side.
Children and pets are more prone to side effects, keep the medicine out of their reach. If the product is expired, dump it in the dustbin rather than flushing down the toilet or drain, this can clog the hole.
Important Facts to Know if you are Pregnant, Nursing, an Adult or a Child taking Lortab 10 Mg-325 Mg Tablet
If you are pregnant – do not take medicine without a prescription. It is advised to take no risk in this case.
If you are breastfeeding – Do monitor any visible change in Respiration, Sedation, GI Effects of Feeding Patterns. There is no known risk for the infant.
If you are an adult over 60
Older people are vulnerable to pulmonary-Respiratory depression due to the fact that adults have altered pharmacokinetics (Cause can be fat stores, muscle wasting, or altered clearance). Hepatotoxicity is a condition seen more in Hepatic-Elderly, and thus they are being instructed to adhere to the prescribed dosage.
If you are Giving Lortab 10 Mg-325 Mg Tablet to a child under 12 Measured dosage should be given to a child, do keep in mind not to use a household spoon as that can give the wrong weight of the dose.
Do not use the medicine as a cough syrup; it can be unsafe for a child below two years.
one can buy lortab 10 online from online stores as well as from the pharma stores. It is available on our stores at the cheapest rates and one can buy medicine 24*7 online through our website.